Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let's play a game.

Hey kids!  Let's play a game.  Here's a list of seemingly random things, in no particular order:

Chick-fil-A
Marching Band
Kiwi the cat
Charlotte Children's Choir
Caribou dates with friends
College-ruled notebooks
Festivals concerning cultures (for example, the Greek or Renaissance festival)
CDUB


Now, here is the game: Figure out what all of these have in common.
Stumped?
Well, the thing is, over the past week I've had random moments where I miss these things a lot.  Don't get me wrong- I'm not homesick.  And that's not me just trying to be all like "Oh, I never get homesick, I'm just too awesome for that!" or anything; I really don't think that I'm homesick right now.  I've simply had moments recently where a thought has passed through my mind such as "Wow, a Chick-fil-A sandwich would be SO good right now..."  Believe me, there's a big difference between a random passing thought and full-on homesickness.  I'm also determined to ward off homesickness as much as humanly possible- so whenever one fo these things comes into my head, I make sure to go get a cup of tea or read another chapter in my book or somehow distract myself.  So it really hasn't been bad at all.

Still, a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich and some waffle fries would be really good right now.

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment