Friday, August 27, 2010

"Could've done worse..."

So, I have arrived, after what ended up being a long and interesting 17 or so hours of travel.  My first flight wasn't bad at all; I sat next to a man who also had pretzel M&Ms and we ate them while discussing travel tips and business trips to Athens.
The second flight... Well, it was an adventure.
It started out great- we left on time, I had the third Hunger Games book to read (which is fantastic), and I sat next an adorable couple who literally spent ten minutes discussing how the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" was basically just like "Lassie"...minus the CGI... and the Viking-era setting... and the storyline.  There was also an old man diagonally in front of me who was the only one in his row until the last two people boarded the plane- two girls in their twenties or so.  He moved so they could get in, shot the woman he was standing next to a knowing look, and said, "Well, could've done worse."
Then we had to turn around mid-flight so someone could get medical attention.  We waited at a strange airport for about three hours in the middle of the night before we were cleared for take-off again, which ended up delaying the flight by almost four hours.  Not fun.

After I got through customs and claimed my baggage, I went looking for the bus stop.  It took about three airport employees and one cheerful policeman to get me going in the right direction, but I got there.  I would have pictures of the amazing countryside, but I was literally nodding off every five minutes and had no energy to dig around in my bag for my camera.
Basically: you know how in movies, Ireland always looks like a giant patchwork quilt of greens and browns?  Well, it looks like that in real life, too.

Sorry this is unedited and hastily written, but I have to go.  More coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely expect gorgeous pictures to be posted here SOON!

    ReplyDelete