Saturday, August 14, 2010

Note: This Is Not an Introduction

I hate introductions.  I feel awkward and weird trying to write about myself, so I'm not going to.  Therefore, this will not be an introduction.  I'm just going to jump straight in.

So, I leave for possibly the greenest place on earth in 12 days.  That's really soon.  It's been a really long road getting here, so to finally be able to say, "I'm leaving" is a huge relief.  I can't wait until I get to meet my host family in person and go walking through the town hearing Irish accents everywhere; I can't wait to be able to say to people, "I learned to surf in Ireland in the middle of autumn", and get the chance to be in another country as a resident, not just a tourist.
I will admit to being scared.  Very scared.  Terrified, actually.  But the Lord is good, and he has great plans for this semester- I can feel it.

So, twelve days from now I'll officially be in the land of leprechauns and shamrocks with six long months stretching out in front of me, during which I get to explore one of the countries I have dreamed about my whole life.  To say I'm excited might be the understatement of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment